The Information Systems Administrator is responsible for the implementation, administration and support of information and application systems at Sault Area Hospital. This includes coordinating the planning, development, implementation, upgrading, support and evaluation of the computer systems including the Hospital Information System, its network, related interfaces and key users. May also be responsible for working with the hospital’s electronic patient chart, ensuring it is accurate, efficient and protected. The Sault Area Hospital is seeking a motivated information systems administrator who will work closely with a cross-functional and collaborative team to deliver high quality solutions focused on continuous service improvement. This position reports to the Manager of Information Technology, Sault Area Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Participate in process reviews, workflow analysis and redesign.
2. Develop Request for Proposal documents, collaborating with users to define functional specifications and leading the project team through the evaluation/selection of computer applications.
3. Provide expertise in the evaluation and/or programming of computer applications, leading assigned teams to facilitate implementation of applications.
4. Coordinate the transition to live environment of business/clinical applications.
5. Install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot business application systems.
6. Serve as a resource person, providing consultation and timely support to user groups.
7. Serve as a primary point of contact for internal resources, vendors, and users identifying and resolving issues, preparing and communicating routine reports.
8. Perform audits as scheduled or requested and providing custom reports, including data and analysis of findings in a timely efficient manner.
9. Maintain knowledge of current technology in the healthcare environment.
10. Support and following all standards, policies and procedures set out by the organization.
11. Deliver infrastructure based support services to the Sault Area Hospital community. This includes but not limited to Network, Servers, desktop computers, printers, telephony devices, handhelds, and other equipment.
12. Maintain servers (infrastructure and medical), including e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
13. Perform incident resolution following ITIL framework – on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex IT infrastructure problems including network and servers, and recommend and corrective hardware/software solutions, including implemented off-site repair as needed.
14. Recommend, schedule, and perform network and system improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
15. Other duties as assigned.
• College diploma or university degree in related field
• 3 years of experience administering information systems
• Experience in enterprise collaboration systems (MS SharePoint), computer programming and database administration
Knowledge and Skills:
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast-paced environment in stressful situations.
• Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills. Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position
• Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
• Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
• Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
• Behavior consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
• Knowledge and Skills specific to the position.
• Experience in administration of current enterprise collaboration platforms – Microsoft SharePoint.
• Knowledge of application development life cycle and database administration
• Demonstrated programming ability with current technologies
• Knowledge of systems analysis and design techniques, and database applications, management and reporting systems and applications.
• Knowledge and experience working with virtual computing environments
• Knowledge of project management methodologies, print on demand processes and process review and improvement and principles of change.
• Ability to create and deliver effective presentations for a group.
• Able to interpret and apply hospital policies.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Able to synthesize and reported data.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
To apply to this exciting opportunity please send a cover letter and resume outlining how your knowledge, experience, and personal attributes are a good fit with the requirements of this position.
APPLY ONLINE: www.sah.on.ca/careers
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job opportunities. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.